Add A User
The Add Item Module contains all of the create functionality for every Object in the portal. Always start by finding the object you wish to add from the list of items in the Add Item Module (+ Sign). To add a User, select Add User from the list.
Understanding User Types
For detailed information on Users, please see the Objects - Users article.
User Profile: Administrator Administrators have the ability to control and modify the other User levels, including permissions, assets, settings, preferences, and all other configurable aspects of the platform.
User Profile: Standard The Standard User is the most flexible type, allowing for full control of each individual’s permissions, capabilities, and usage.
User Profile: Anonymous While this user type is not allowed to login to the portal, this User type gives organizations the ability to make portal data (like the location and behavior of an Asset or Asset Group) available to people outside of the organization through a link.
Users will be asked to provide the following information when creating a new User.
- First name: User’s first name
- Last name: User’s last name
- Username: This will be used for login purposes, most usernames are the user’s email address
- Email address: User’s email address
- Password: Give the user a password that they can change after their first login
- Confirm Password: Re-enter the password to ensure proper spelling and characters
- Require two-factor authentication: Choose no to allow Users to set up their own two-factor authentication when they choose
- Type: Refer to section above for user types
- Language: sets the language of all elements in the portal, with Browser Default as the base option
- Speed Display: units of measure for speed
- Fuel Units: units of measure for fuel efficiency (miles, kilometers, gallons, litres)
- Lat/Lng Format: multiple options including DD, DMS, and UTM
- Timezone: set the time zone that will be displayed for the position reports
Map Prefecences Section
- Default Map Mode: choose the interface (Live Mode or History Mode) that users will land on by default
- Default Map Type: set the visual appearance of the Map
- Default Timeframe of Available History: set the most recent X amount of time prior to the end of the date range that will display in the History view.
Display options are all check to enable boxes at the bottom of the Map Section. If a green check box is visible, the feature option is on.
- Group positions on map: if toggled on, when multiple reported positions are near each other, they will be grouped on the map view with a single icon and a number to show how many positions occurred in that area until the user zooms in close enough to separate them.
- Fade historic positions by time: if toggled on, more recent positions will appear more opaque, and less recent positions will appear more transparent.
- Remove roads from satellite map: if toggled on, when the user selects a satellite map template, it will not display roads and street name data.
- Play audio on emergency: if toggled on, whenever an emergency alert comes to the portal, it will play a sound.
Assets tab Limit by selection: anything with a green check mark next to its name will be visible to the user.
Groups tab Limit by selection: anything with a green check mark next to its name will be visible to the user.
Geofences tab Limit by selection: anything with a green check mark next to its name will be visible to the user.
Places tab Limit by selection: anything with a green check mark next to its name will be visible to the user.
Drivers tab Limit by selection: anything with a green check mark next to its name will be visible to the user.
Anything with a green check mark next to it is toggled on.
- Show welcome screen on first login: determines whether or not the user will be shown the walkthrough upon their first login.
- Email user login instructions: if enabled, the new user will receive an email from the portal explaining how to log in.
- Use Template: the portal makes some options available to users that are standard how to log in emails in multiple languages. Select the language from the drop-down box. Templates include variables to customize the email with the user’s specific information.
- Preview: see an example of the email that will be sent to the user.
- The email will be sent to the email address used in the top section of the Add User form.